Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Michael Phelps - The Greatest Olympian of All Times!


I don't know about anyone else...but for me Michael Phelps was the definitely the most exciting thing going on in the world last week...or should I say the most positive thing going on in the world last week. I watched each of his races and held my breath as a couple of close finishes were accomplished. Wow! I was impressed, excited, proud, happy....the range of emotions I felt were interesting. I guess what made me the most excited about and for Michael Phelps is that he has proved to America what extra hard work can lead to...ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!

As I have watched his interviews since his great accomplishment of receiving 8 Gold Medals and also read a ton of articles about him, I realized that he was a kid with a dream. His life was not easy by no means....he was raised by his single Mom who Michael remembers working and completing her college education which illustrated to him the importance of hard work, he was picked on as a kid in numerous ways and fashions, suffered from ADHD, struggled with his relationship with his father...but yet he came out on top. HARD WORK! To the youth of America he has proven to you that anything is possible as long as you are willing to work hard.

I will close with one final statement, which my son sent to me about Michael

Phact! Michael does not shave his body hair. His body hair chooses not to grow out of awe and respect.

GO MICHAEL!!!!

2 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

His body hair chooses not to grow huh!?!?! I've not heard that one! But I too love Michael Phelps! The Olympics got really boring once swimming and gymnastics were finished! It was amazing to watch him take the world by storm, and I hope he'll do it again in London in 2012!

Emily said...

Well this has nothing to do with the olympics. there are more important things to discuss. GRANDBABY! When is she coming? How is Janelle. We want updates!