Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Met My Granddaughter!!!!

I just returned from a trip to meet my first and only grandchild. I can't begin to explain to you how excited I was to meet her. She is incredibly beautiful, smart, and full of personality and no I am no at all prejudice :-). It is going to be so amazing to watch her grow up and see what amazing things the Lord has in store for her.

I am a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, joining the church while still in high school. It was quite emotional for me to see her blessed on Sunday, September 28th. This will be a 3rd generation member for me which made me feel quite blessed.

I thought everyone would enjoy seeing a few photos. So check it out below. I have added a little commentary :-)



Brooklyn the day of her blessing. She wore the same dress her Mother was blessed in...she looked like an angel.

This picture was taken at Janell's parents house the day of her blessing. Matt and Janell are quite the proud parents.

This is a picture of my family on the day of Brooklyn's blessing. Brooklyn was getting a little tired at this point. She just wanted to eat!


Brooklyn loved cuddling with her Aunt Bethany. Bethany is quite in love with this little girl. She did just about everything for her...like changing her diapers, rocking her, feeding her.

This is a picture of Brooklyn and I at the end of the day, on the day of her blessing. She had a big day and was tired at this point...sleeping in my arms.

This is a picture of Matt, Brooklyn & I. This picture was taken in Matt's living room at the end of the day. Three generations of Latter-Day Saints! It is a miracle to me.

Finally, one last picture, Brooklyn taking a nap and sticking her tongue out at the same time! What a smart baby! :-)

3 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

Jeannie, What a special day! She looked like an angel in her blessing dress! What a special hand-me-down!!! Matt looks very happy and I'm glad that he FINALLY made you a grandma! Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Jeannie she's adorable! so precious. And I love the blessing dress so cute. I didnt know you were a convert, my hubby is one too! Congrats again.

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice family. Your granddaughter is beautiful. I thought you were Jewish :-)