Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Just Call Me Grandma!!!!


Yesterday appeared to be a normal day...but by no stretch of the imagination did it end up that way. Looking back I don't think I can ever remember feeling so much joy. Everyone should have that experience!

What made me so happy? Well, my son, who will be 27 years old next week and his beautiful wife, sent me a very special gift in the mail to be delivered by a dear friend. I entered the YMCA for my normal Monday night workout when I was approached by my friend who delivered this special gift. I thought surely it was a belated birthday card, but I was ever so wrong. My gift was a book prepared by my daughter-in-law on behalf of her and my son, to give me some very good news. The book read as follows:



Grandma,
I can't wait to meet you!!

I thought I'd make a book to
tell you a little about me.
I will be your grandkid, the first in the family.


The Doctor says I'm growing big,
I'm over an inch long.
My Mom and Dad listened to my heart.
It's beating very strong.

Soon you'll get to hold
and cuddle me.
It will be in September
probably on day three.

You can read me stories
and spoil me to all ends
I can't wait to meet you!
We'll be the best of riends.
Love,

Baby Porter

In tears I ran out of the YMCA, forget the workout! It was time to enjoy my awesome news! I was going to be a Grandma! I could not stop crying tears of joy. I think I cried all evening and into the night. Today I am walking on cloud nine, sharing my beautiful brag book with all who will read it.

I'm so proud that I am going to be a Grandmother! I can't wait to look into the little eyes, tickle the little nose, hold the small hands and kiss the cute feet of my grandchild. Pure pleasure is the best way to describe how I feel!

Now, I will be anxiously await the arrival......

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Whatcha gonna be mom??? HAHA

Bethany said...

I AM AUNT BETHANY!!!!!!!

The Fischer Family said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! I know you've been wanting this since the day he got married! Keep us posted!

The Fischer Family said...

PS I tagged you! See my blog for details!

Anonymous said...

congrats that is soo awesome! you'll be a great Grandma!

Chelsea said...

How neat!! What an awesome way to break the news! Congrats!

Jeannie said...

Thank all of you so much! I must say that was one of the best days of my life! I love even the thought of being a Grandma! Kari I have checked out your blog a few times! I love your kids! They are beautiful!

Jeannie said...

Juana...thanks so much! I hope to get to see you and your family soon!