Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Life is Good.....

Over the past few days my thoughts have drifted towards the life I have created for myself. Most of the reflection was focused on the many changes which have taken place in my life in recent years. Some of these changes include moving to northern Kentucky, divorce, grandchildren, graduating from college, career advancement and the many new friends I have made along the way. For the most part all of these changes have been very positive and have brought forth much growth in every manner of my life. Life is all about growth right?

But the past few days I have given much thought to the things that make life interesting, exciting, happy, worth living...to name only a few descriptions. Does this list include the expensive cars we purchase, the huge house in the great neighborhood, the beautiful clothes, prestigious job? Perhaps it does, this has been where my reflections have taken me of recent.

This past weekend I decided to walk across the Purple People Bridge, which connects the state of Kentucky and the state of Ohio. And yes, I have a photo for you, check it out below...with the City of Cincinnati in the background.


Anyway, I walked across the bridge and made my way to the Serpentine Wall. You can see the Serpentine Wall in the photo....down on the Ohio River. My friend and I sat there for a very long time enjoying meaningful conversation, the surroundings, Kentucky on one side and Ohio on the other, the boats speeding through the water and even the diverse and interesting people, even couples, walking by. It was here that I started to realize what really make life worthwhile.

I love life and even though there have been more bumps along the way than I care to discuss, I still consider my life as good. I love being able to go to the gym most days, I love being with my children and grandchild, even our conversations on Skype, I love spending time with my friends and talking to the many new people I meet daily with my job since I am in sales. I could continue this list but I think it is safe to say it simply, I love life.

Last night during my short run at the gym a friend that I occasionally run with was there. He decided to run with me, which was a good thing because he pushes me to the limit! I love it! Anyway, he likes to ask me questions, and sometimes the questions provoke thought. One of the questions he asked me last night was, "What is your favorite thing about life?" With all of the pondering I have done on this subject over the past few days I was more than ready to answer this question and of course a Mom and Grandmother instantly says their children, grandchildren, etc...but I continued the list until finally he said, "Wow Jeannie, your life is good!"

I may not have all the niceties in life that many people have and at times I get lonely...but I have reached a point in my life where I can honestly say, "Life is Good!" Love it, live it....long for more!

No comments: