Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I am so thankful that a New Year has begun to bring about reflection on life, goals and accomplishments. The very thought of 2008 brings about a need to search deep within to see what is next in life.

Within the walls of the company where I am presently employed the word "resolution" has been used over a million times this week. Well....perhaps not a million times....but certainly it has been the word of choice. Sentences such as, "My first resolution for 2008 is" or "What are some of your resolutions for 2008?"

After hearing the word resolution numerous times and certainly listening to my fellow employees' resolutions, I felt compelled to search even deeper and to make resolutions for myself...ones that I intended to keep, which have meaning. In order to make these resolutions I felt I needed to look at myself both personally and professionally and look at my family as well. At this point I would put together a list of needs. From this list of several needs, I would choose 3 or 4 which I felt would make me a stronger individual, both personally and professionlly, make me a happier individual, both personally and professionally and make me healthier, again adding to my life both personally and professionally.

Therefore, my 2008 New Year's Resolutions are:

1. To Lose 20 pounds and join a gym.
2. To begin the process of buying a home.
(This may take a little longer than a year but the process has to start somewhere).
3. To bring spirituality back into my life in a deeper form to include more frequent prayer, meditation and scripture reading.
4. To prepare myself to begin a new life with someone special.

So there you have it! My goals for 2008. Stay tuned to see how I do!!!!

3 comments:

Matt Porter said...

Well, I am a bit disappointed in your resolutions...not one mention of becoming a grandma...I was waiting for that to be one of the resolutions as I read your post!

Bethany said...

Cool momma...let's get a house and a puppy. I'm riding the gravy train!!!!!

TJDKG said...

hey matt is that an annoucement??

and hey sis. porter i miss ya how are ya doing?